May the Fourth be with you..

       A long time ago in a city not so far away, came a man with a money making, movie charting, history making, fan raging, idea. George Lucas, both the genius and the man who allowed Jar Jar Binks, brought to us..
 

                   For so many of us, Star Wars has defined our childhood, and the start of our love for all things Sci-Fi. And some genius out there has invented a day where we can all celebrate these great stories and films together! But what does one do on May the Fourth? Re-watch all the films? Dress up and go to some Star Wars convention? Today, I will be helping my fellow Star Wars fans on how to celebrate Star Wars Day!

                      One of the easiest ways to celebrate anything is through food. Making fun eatables can really get a celebration going, and when you've got a theme, the ideas are endless. So, for you I've collected many different and easy recipes to get your party started!
 
 
*Blue Milk*
 
Inspired by the blue milk as shown in Luke Skywalker’s Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru home in Tatooine, I have found the easiest and sweetest recipe for making it.
 
Now the texture of it in the film makes it look as though it is thick, or at least thicker than normal milk. So I decided to turn drink into a milkshake rather than just milk.
 
Easy Ingredients:
 

  • 4 cups quality vanilla ice cream
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 8 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 cups milk, less for thicker milkshakes
  •  A few drops of blue food coloring
  •  
    (If you are wanting more recipes, click here!) 
     
    ______________________________________________________
     
    Now that you have snacks, your celebration is going to be amazing, but,
    there are still a lot more little things you can do to really make your get-together amazing.
    I'm hoping that whoever you invite is a huge fan like you,  and if so, you'll need the proper music to celebrate. I have found several playlists on Youtube. Such as this one:
     
     

                                ______________________________________________________

     
    Now if you are not much of a party person, do not worry! For their is much you can
    do to celebrate today!
     
    One example is heading online and buying something completely amazing and Star Wars related.
    Thus, furthering your collection and dedication to the Star Wars Universe.
     
     ______________________________________________________

     
    Now if you are not rich (like myself) that may be hard to go smothering yourself
    with Star Wars treasures. So, to substitute this, grab a bean bag chair, sit on down and let the films begin. Nothing beats the simpleness of simply watching or rewatching these films, though if you have watched them before, I give you permission to skip those unnecessary parts (*cough* Jar Jar *cough*)
      ______________________________________________________
     
    Another fun thing you/ and your friends can do is play the online Star Wars games.
    One of my favorites being The Old Republic. And if online gaming isn't for you, there are several games of Star Wars to choose from! From the Nintendo Systems to the Xbox. From Lego to the old fashion arcade versions. The options are endless!
    ______________________________________________________
     
    As for me this year, I'm pretty basic. Movies, snacks, and this year I will be making Star Wars themed items for a prom I will be attending. My friend will be receiving a Millennium Falcon corsage that I have made for her (we promised we'd take each other to prom since 1st grade) and as for myself, I will have an R2D2 pearl necklace.

    (The theme was under the stars.... and I took advantage of it.)
     
    So I hope this helps you out. I know it was a bit blunt, but I couldn't help but write about
    this super fun day! I hope you all enjoy it, and mark your calanders for these dates:
     
    *September 4th / the day the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens lego sets come out*
    *December 18 / the day the new Star Wars film comes out*
     
     





    No comments:

    Post a Comment