A Rigby Recommendation : Ore Monogatari

   Hello once again! Hopefully you're all still out there and we haven't disappeared from you guys for too long. To be honest, there have been many moments where I've sat down, gotten all cozy and ready to write something for this blog, but as I start to type, there are just never any words (I'm sorry to admit). I'm not sure if it's a lack of inspiration, or just pure laziness. But if I had to chose between those two, I'm going to have to sadly go with lazy. (I'm sorry!!) But, as life is getting back to it's stable and normal nature, I too have come back to doing these things.

   Over this hectic and busy summer, my boyfriend introduced me to this anime series. It was pretty new, and only contained about five to six episodes when we first started watching it together. I wasn't totally impressed at first, but I am so overly hooked now! It is so cute, relatable, and just an overall addicting series. It's called Ore Monogatari, and it is so good. I assume you'd like a bit more than my "it's so good, so cute" review and description, so I'll inform you a bit better:


   So the show starts off with two characters. The more main character of the two is Takeo (Gouda, Takeo), a true example of a gentle giant as he towers over most others, but still being kind and generous in any way he can express. The other character would be his best friend Suna (Sunakawa Makoto), the more quiet and conserved out of the two. The two have known each other since grade school and have stayed friends up to their current years in high school.

  Out of the two, Suna has always been the more attractive one, always catching all the girl's attentions. Takeo, not jealous but more so curious to how Suna could turn down all these beautiful girls, questions his own relationship status. He wonders when will love find him, or even if it will ever come at all. Not until one day on the subway does Takeo find love. As he ad Suna are heading off to school, Takeo notices a pervert trying to molest a girl. Takeo, not wasting any time, grabs the man and saves the girl.

   The four; Suna, Takeo, the girl, and the pervert all go to the police station, and shortly after, the girl thanks Takeo. The girl, Yamato (Yamato, Rinko) barely reaching the height of Takeo's chest, is a small and petite character, and her cute and innocent nature catches Takeo quickly. And Takeo's strength and kindness has Yamato falling for him too. The two exchange e-mails so Yamato can thank him with a personally made cake; but as the two continue to talk,  a few more feelings begin to bloom.

  I found this show to be so creative and different, and so far not one episode has bored me. Each episode brings something new and both my boyfriend and I get so eager to watch what happens next. I highly recommend this to all of you anime lovers out there and for those who are alright with reading captions. I will put links at the bottom of this blog post for those who would like to start this series. I hope you enjoy it! I will be doing another Rigby Recommendation soon, so stay tuned!



 
 
 
Watch the episodes
 
Want more info? Click here!


1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have to watch this! Such a cute post. I love it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete